Welcome to the first Lead the Week encouragement from the PHARE Warrior Leadership Academy. We are sharing one of our favorite messages from a wide range of leadership thought leaders every Monday morning to encourage and inspire you to lead well throughout the week.
10 ENCOURAGING MESSAGES TO STAY POSITIVE
by Jon Gordon
1) Mondays are a great day to focus on what we GET TO do instead of what we HAVE TO do. Life is a gift, not an obligation.
2) Three things you control every day are your ATTITUDE, your EFFORT and your ACTIONS. It doesn’t matter what others are doing or who you think is being unfair. Every day you can focus on being positive, working hard and making others around you better.
3) SUCCESS is often measured by comparison to others. EXCELLENCE, on the other hand, is all about being the best we can be and maximizing our gifts, talents and abilities to perform at our highest potential. Pursue excellence today.
4) Failure is not meant to define you. It’s meant to refine you to be all you are meant to be. Don’t let your failures be a part of your identity. Move forward and create your future.
5) Don’t let negativity win today. Remember it starts with you. If you are complaining you’re not leading. If you are leading you’re not complaining. One person can’t make a team but one person can break a team. Stay positive! No energy vampires allowed.
6) One person in pursuit of excellence raises the standards of everyone around them. And as they strive for greatness they bring out the greatness in others. Be that one person today.
7) If they praise you, show up and do the work. If they criticize you, show up and do the work. If no one even notices you, just show up and do the work. Just keep showing up, doing the work, and leading the way.
8) Where there is a void, Negativity will fill it. Fill the void with positive, proactive communication and you’ll help neutralize the negativity before it starts. This applies at home, at work and every relationship in your life.
9) Expect to Win Today. Champions expect success and their positive beliefs often lead to positive actions and outcomes. They win in their mind first.
10) Remember Your WHY! We don’t get burned out because of what we do. We get burned out because we forget why we do it.
Lead the week!
The PHARE Warrior Leadership Academy
Connect men to Jesus. Build relationships. Make disciples.